I’ve been away for ages, I know, but for once I have reasons that are happy rather than sad. It’s too long a story to really get into at 10.30 on a Monday night, but I’ll say this⎯ when things begin to weigh you down, don’t wait it out. Change something. Or, at the very least, take a break.
I’m back home and back at work after my break, and I know I haven’t said enough about everything that happened while I was away. But so much time has passed since that I can’t tell you about just that. I have to tell you about other stuff that’s happened too. And that, Zonk, is too much information to organise coherently at 10.37 on a Monday night. Which is why I’m leaving you with this dump of random things I’d like you to know about, in no particular order.
A Dump of Things You Should Know About (in no particular order)
- I have a new nightlight that I like a lot. It’s a small, teal coloured owl and it sits on a stool by my head and glows greenly all night, every night. Not tonight though, because it’s out of batteries, but oh well.
- Of all the places I saw on this trip, I liked Bruges best. It’s quaint and charming full of lovely little houses. I liked Brussels second best. I liked Paris third (and last) best.
- I liked all of the places I saw on this trip. But I’ve realised that I’ll always like sleepy little towns better than big bustling cities. Which is a shame, seeing as I live in one.
- I’ve cleaned my desk up at work. It’s the same old stuff that I’ve been accumulating over the past 5 years, but I’ve aded new stuff, and shuffled things around a bit. It makes me happier now.
- I lost nothing on my trip. I never got pick pocketed. I never got lost at all. I adulted like the pro-adult that I’ve become and It. Was. Awesome.
- Radiohead was awesome too. More awesome than any other gig I’ve ever seen. It was mind blowing. Life changing. Heart melting.
I was always a fan, but now I’ve become a little bit obsessed.
- I’ve learned to play (and sing) two Radiohead songs since I got home.
- One of those, I’ve learned to fingerpick.
- Which only goes to prove that I can fingerpick now. Finally. After about 10 years of being able to play a fucking guitar. I started out this sentence proud, but I’m ending it with quite some disgust.
- But, come on. I learned a thing! I’m not good at it yet, but I will be. Some day.
- My luck in flights has improved dramatically. I got an empty middle seat on my flight to Europe, and an empty middle seat on the flight back B-|
- I’ve consumed considerably smaller quantites of nonfood since I got back. I’m trying to work out a little bit, at home, but it’s on pause right now. I’m okay with that. I’ll start again mid-week.
- I had small wedding-y stresses that were probably not meant to be stressed about much. We figured them out. Or rather, C figured them out, on account of being a rational, considerate, and tactful human being with a knack for figuring things out while navigating all sorts of expectations and complex human emotions. How I ever found a boy with such a finely tuned people-radar, I’ll never know. I guess I just lucked out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- On that note, due to a random cosmic event of the type that cannot possibly affect a wedding, my wedding will be slightly affected. Nothing dramatic, just a change that needs some adjusting to. I can’t say much until I figure out the all little details myself, but yeah.
- I have a Kindle now. A white Paperwhite. I bought it from the US and Si is bringing it down. It’ll be here tomorrow, with him. I feel little joy at the moment about this, though. Because my Kobo is not entirely dead yet, and I love it. A lot. I’m considering using both for a bit, or waiting till my Kobo fully dies. But maybe I’m just being ridiculous now. Oh well. I’ll figure it out.
Okay, I had to take a break to go get money for my dad’s shraddh, which is tomorrow. And lucky for you, I’ve lost my train of thought. So I’ll let you go now.