Civil work on my kitchen starts tomorrow, and I want to tell you a little bit about this massive project.
My kitchen is a dingy little cave like room in an otherwise bright and cheery home. My building is over 30 years old. Which means that everything built into my kitchen was poorly planned and all existing frameworks are unusable. So, in order to end up with a modular kitchen, we have to –
- Break the existing platform.
- Build 2 new ones. We’re going parallel.
- Redo the window, because this one is framed by ancient, rotting wood.
- Tile the walls.
- Change the flooring. Because the previous owner was bright enough to rip out the white mosaic floor and have a dark green mosaic put in instead. On purpose. Inspite of it looking ghastly and depressing as hell. He told us it made sense because kitchen floors get dirty and dirty green floors are good for hiding dirt. Go figure.
- Do something about the loft doors, to make them match.
And then we put in the modular furnishings.
It’s going to be a rough 2 – 3 weeks, Zonk. I wish I could bypass all the stress and the mess of the actual renovation process just come home tomorrow to a brand new kitchen. I’d totally pay extra for the magic.