- Some names are huge. Imagine if you were named Saul Bellow. You would have no choice but to do something amazing. Because you have a name that sounds like a thunderbolt, and anything else would be an anti-climax. Because you’re Saul Fucking Bellow. You can’t possibly be a manufacturing paper clips or some such thing.
- I’ve met three old friends over the past four days, and am therefore currently something of an authority on Catching Up. And I decree that Catching Up is Awesome. You should do it more often. I should do it more often. In fact, maybe I’ll do this once a week. Or once in two weeks, at least. Because if ever we were close, there must have been a reason why.
It’s nice to discover it again.
- Two of the three old friends I met now have violins too. They suffer the scorn of this screechy, unforgiving instrument too. I’m not the only one!
This makes me feel happy, and also slightly encouraged.
- The internet is an amazing place. There are far too many reasons why, and I don’t have the time to go into them because it’s past twelve and I need to be up before 7 a.m. tomorrow.
- I sleep a lot lesser now than I used to a few months ago. Which is a good thing, because if you’d met me in September you might have mistaken me for a sack of potatoes. I’m not sure if it’s because I no longer need to cope with the daily exhaustion and psychological trauma of a 2 hour commute, or because I’m generally more alive these days. Either way, it makes me feel younger, and healthier, and a little bit more normal.
- I really ought to work with libraries somehow. I know it sounds like a dead end deal, but it’s not. I believe that libraries still have considerable potential, and that a good library system could improve the quality of your life in this shithole of a city. I wish I could figure out a way to do this. Soonly.
- I need to do more of the things that I believe in. I’ve started to try.
PS: I don’t have the time to edit or proofread this post. Please skate over any errors on account of it’s past midnight.
PPS: Don’t be fooled by point #1. I have not read any Bellow at all so far. I’ve just started on my first book. I’m just impressed by the name, that’s all.