The birthday approaches. And I just found out that the Hyperbole and a half book has been out for a while now. My wishlist is being updated accordingly to reflect this change in the state of my knowing-of-things.
I happened to buy some new stationery recently, and decided to make an illustrated wishlist this year. I sort of got lazy midway through it, though, so I’ll be coupling it with a written list.
It’s actually in colour, but I messed up quite a bit, and I think it looks much better in black and white anyway.
So here’s the list. The most important items are in bold. I’ll cancel things out as and when I get to know that someone’s getting them.
The List (in no particular order)
- Surprise me. You don’t have to stick to the list.
THE HYPERBOLE AND A HALF BOOK. You can find out more about it here and you can buy it on Flipkart, I think. A backpack. It should be smaller than my current backpack, but big enough, a nice dark colour on the outside and a bright colour on the inside (so I can stop losing my wallet in it everyday). Also, it should have straps that won’t slide off shoulders, and also, you should probably take me along to buy this item.
- Red Converse. Or dark green Converse. Size 4 or 5. I’ not too sure about that.
- White ankle high canvas shoes. Not converse. So I can paint them for myself.
- A Calvin & Hobbes t-shirt. You will get this at Teamo in Bandra. Please get a size M, because these t-shirts tend to shrink.
Pants that are not jeans. Headphones.
- The XKCD Book.
- Any nice book. Including nice poetry. It’s been a while since I read poetry. Or a nice book about music.
- Pajamas. There is no such thing as too many pajamas.
- Oversize sweaters or sweatshirts.
- Nice stuff from Chumbak.
- A Dan Mangan album. Oh Fortune, perhaps.
- Wish me Happy Birthday here or via email. NOT Facebook.
That’s all, folks.