I have 12 minutes before I need to start thinking about work, and so, here’s a concise list of things I’ve decided are true –
- I will be a librarian someday. Or just work with libraries. Or with books in general. Or with making children fall in love with them.
I may be a designer of things right now, and I might have secret hopes about making some sort of living someday with some of my other skills, but fuck that. Nobody deserves to work a creative job every single day of their lives.
Also, Libraries are awesome.
- Some people dream quietly, some people dream loudly, and some rooms are built to confuse you while you sleep.
- There will be a revolution, someday, involving women and legs and shorts and Thane. And when that day comes, I will be out there wearing shorts and burning buses.
- If your life is dictated by a bus schedule, it is because you are a worrier, and not vice versa. I have learned this from an objective and very thorough observation of myself, and since I am an authority on me, it only makes sense to assume that I must be right.
- One minute left now for the workday to begin.
- “Hi ho!” (Go read ‘Slapstick’, someone. Vonnegut is so absurd and amazingly awesome.)