How I’ve missed you, my Zonk. It’s been ages since my last proper post, I know, but things have been happening and time has been scarce and there’s way too much I have to tell you that I should’ve told you a long time ago. Because in a pathetic sort of geeky way, you are the best friend I have and I really shouldn’t neglect the blog this way. And because this is too much to type up in one post, and because I can’t be sure I’ll be back here anytime soon, I’ll make you A Comprehensive List Of All The Random Things That I Must Tell You.
A Comprehensive List Of All The Random Things That I Must Tell You.
- I have one more nephew now. And I’d meant to tell you this the day he was born, but my sister warned me that she didn’t want updates from her life plastered all over the internet, so I didn’t.
And so, as he grows older, you’ll be hearing more about him. You are used to my posts about Tink. You will get used to posts about Miki too. I’m sure I’m not supposed to put up a picture of him yet, for some reason. So you’ll see him a little bit later.
- A few weeks ago I couldn’t move my head at all. For about a month. They said it was a “small slipped disc type situation in my neck” caused by my occupation and my horrible way of sitting like a gargoyle when I work. It was painful as hell and I spent a fortune taking AC buses and I think I forgot most of the violin bits that I’d taught myself. I can still play them now, but I know that something is lost. I’ve lost momentum and I’m not sure how to bring it back. Sigh.
- The website I’ve been working on for the past two months and more is going to be out real soon. I’ve spent a lot of time and effort on it, Zonk. It’s the first real website I’ve designed and the most difficult project I’ve ever worked on and it got me down a lot, but it also made me really happy sometimes. And apart from the design, I got to do a lot of copy. The kind I like to write. And so, I’m sort of pleased with it all. I’ll tell you when it’s out, Zonk, so you can see it and go through it and tell me what you think about it.
- I’ve started working on my illustration skills in a real way now. You’ve been seeing some sketches and artwork here that are not in my natural style. It’s part of the learning process I’ve set myself, and it’s worked pretty well so far. I’ll put some sketches up tomorrow if I can.
- I am in love with Game Of Thrones and I don’t know how I’ll last till April, when the next season comes out.
- I’ve begun to hate this city. From the center of my soul, I hate it. I hate the traffic and the muck and the trains and the disgusting fucking rickshawallahs and cabbies who won’t take you anywhere. I hate the commute. I’ve found a bus that brings me home from Sion really fast, and last week I took the train once instead. It took me three hours to get home, Zonk. Because it was raining and everything was slow. It rains every fucking year. How have we still not learned how to deal with it? And why does it take me an hour, an entire fucking hour, to get a rick home from fucking Thane station?
I hate this fucking city. And I don’t want to spend 5 hours everyday navigating through it. The time lost and the life lost – it’s just not worth it at all. I will find a way to make up for it. I will get myself a phone or a table with internet and a largeish screen so I can watch things on my way home, or read books that are too large to lug around, or make posts here so I don’t estrange you. Anything to make sure I do something more than work everyday. And someday, I will move out.