Aaaaand we’re back. For good. For now. For today at least. And I’m making two posts in one day to prove it. Fyi, Zonk, two posts in one day is a huge development seeing as this is March 2011 and I don’t seem to blog much in March 2011. I did some good hard thinking about that, if you want to know. I made some lists and drew up some charts and did this really complicated colour coded graph type thing to measure the distressing and highly absurd relationship between Propensity To Post and Month of March and figured out that there isn’t really that much of a connection between the two. So then I got back to doing all that work I was supposed to be doing while I was messing with advanced and pointless statistics, and it hit me that that is the reason I haven’t been blogging. Advanced and Pointless Statistics.
Now of course I’m only saying that because it’s catchy. I’d say I haven’t been blogging because I’ve been busy, that I have way too much to do and too little time and I’m too tired of sitting at my comp all day to stay there a little extra and try to blog. I’d say all of that, but you wouldn’t want to hear it. If you’re still here that is. I’ve been away for so long I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone’s left.
Gone. Vanished. Kaput. But I don’t want you to be kaput, Zonk, and that is partly why I’m explaining all of this to you, all this Advanced and Pointless Statistics. And I’m breaking it down into tiny bite-sized pieces and putting it down in point-form and everything.
The next time I whine about not having enough to do, Zonk, slap me. After that, put a steel bucket over my head and beat it with a spoon. Here’s a list of everything I have worked on, am working on and need to work on:
- Beanstalk branding: Indeed. I know what you’re thinking. I already wrote a huge post about finishing this logo ages ago and how on earth could I still be working on it. But I am, I swear. It’s taken ages because I’ve been doing other things on the side and possibly also because I’m still sort of slow with this stuff. Though I did have much lesser trouble with Guitar.inc..oh well. Anyway, a few weeks after that last post, I reworked the logo to make it simpler and more print friendly, which took ages. Then I did the visiting card, which got done really quick. Then I did the letterhead for several frustrating hours and I still have to get a final version of it. And then I have to paste most of the letterhead on an envelope which shouldn’t take much time either. In any case, it’s almost done now, this branding, and I’m starting to feel proud of it slightly. Slightly. There is a version for white backgrounds too, of course, but I like this one best so here it is. (Thank you, C, for helping out.)
PS: Shobhan, do notice the increase in the thickness of the font and the decrease in the number of colours :)
- Guitar.inc branding: This one I’m happy with. It happened really easily and I liked it right from the start. The logo, card and letterhead are done. Really little’s left to do but I just haven’t got around to finishing it yet.
- Bandstand Festival: This one started out as a giant-ish project, but ended up suddenly small. Anyway, I helped C do branding and brochures for it. It’s not much to look at, but then it’s not supposed to be too fancy anyway.
- Wedding Card: I think this is the nicest project I have right now. Someone’s getting married and I’m doing a fun card for them. I have ideas, I have rough sketches..but it’s difficult to do and I really really hope I can pull it off because I sincerely want to. *fingers crossed* Also, I think I’d like to do more of such stuff.
- Inonit Artwork: This just came in, it’s not even fully in yet, I have to send them a quotation tomorrow. (This was the meeting I was going for earlier today, fyi.)
- Illustration trial: This for What’s the scene, I need to try it out and see if I want to do this every fortnight, and if I can do it at all in the first place. I haven’t started yet. I will. Soon.
PS: @Ganesh – I swear.
- Class assignments: Fucking waste of time. And a Lot of time too. Flash assignments take ages to do. I mean, they are a lot of fun sometimes, but still.
Apart from which, I’m supposed to be painting and practicing to draw and playing my guitar everyday too. I don’t. I can’t. I’m an intrinsically lazy person and I can’t deal with too-much-to-do. I am also an intrinsically disgruntled person and I’d whine about my life no matter how awesome it happened to be, so don’t get me wrong. I really like that I have work to do. I even like the fact that it’s sometimes a bit too much for my comfort. Because having things to do keeps me from feeling adrift and finishing them makes me feel like life might work out fine after all, contrary to paranoid belief.
Besides, I’m starting to pretty much enjoy this stuff too.
It really makes me think of how beautifully everything turns out sometimes..This time last year I was making fun little drawings on Paint and I thought Word 2007 was complicated. Two years ago I didn’t even own a paintbrush. Just last month I was cribbing because I didn’t have enough to do; and now, all of a sudden, I’m a Designer and I’m swamped and that feels fucking awesome to say. It’s strange that I might be able to build my entire career based on a series of coincidences starting with Frank and a somewhat ugly pair of shoes. Happy coincidences, but coincidences nonetheless.
Oh well. Such is life. And as long as our coincidences are mostly happy ones, we’ll be a sorted people.
And now I’m off read some Calvin. Tomorrow my brand new wardrobe arrives and I get one entire cupboard to myself – 4 shelves and 2 and a half drawers – and I’m kicked to put my things in it. Calvin gets some proper space to himself. Finally :D And before I forget:
Advanced and Pointless Statistics:
Not so Advanced after all :)